Our main role is support to Court in their investigation of criminal activities. Our team of experts will provide consistent, reliable and timely results for our customers within the legal fraternity. In addition to this, other tests, monitoring and analysis functions that we undertake ensure that health and safety standards are maintained within the County Police forces. We work across a range of markets and for a large number of the UK’s police forces. We will be asked to examine evidence; test drugs and glass; analyse paints, tool marks, and footwear for the police and legal professions. We are market leaders and as such, our scientists will testify and give evidence as expert witnesses in Court.
We offer a high quality range of evidence examination services to both public and private sector clients. The principles of forensic examination and chain of custody are applied rigorously to all processes. We provide reports and statements to the Criminal Justice system and Civil Court with experienced expert witnesses to present the evidence in Court. We also provide consultancy services to ensure the smooth running of investigation.
The Prison Service Instructions (PSIs) and Prison Service Orders (PSOs) provide the rules, regulations and guidelines by which prisons are run. As well as health and safety, these regulations include topics such as: occupational health, food safety, fire safety, environmental protection and the disposal of hazardous waste.
How We Can Help
ESG has a wide range of health, safety and welfare services to support prisons in complying with the regulations. For example, we offer expertise in Health, Safety and Welfare, including:
- Compliance audits and site audit programmes
- Advice on the development of policy and risk management systems
- Provision of a Competent Person to ensure you have the necessary skills, when you need them
- Occupational hygiene
- Drug testing
- Policy development and advice
- Food safety
- Fire safety and arson investigation
- Water safety and hygiene for showers and drinking water
- Compliance audits, risk assessments, training and on-going monitoring programmes
- Chemical and microbiological, including Legionella sampling and analysis
- Cleaning, chlorination and remedial works
- Asbestos identification and management
- Surveys and assessments (with 24/7 emergency call out)
- Policy advice and training
- Hazardous waste separation, disposal and reuse