We are able to provide sampling teams, problem solving and radioactivity consultancy support to a wide variety of customers.
Our clients include government agencies, water companies, nuclear decommissioning contractors and environmental consultancies.
Typical Samples Analysed
- Terrestrial and marine environmental samples
- Drinking water, crops and food
- Samples from decommissioning of nuclear facilities
- Contaminated land
- HSE approved bioassay service
- Nuclear fingerprinting
Measurement of alpha, beta and gamma emitting radionuclides:
- Gross alpha and gross beta screening
- High resolution gamma ray spectrometry
- Specific beta emitting radionuclides: 3H, 14C, 35S, 32P and 99Tc
- Naturally occurring radionuclides such as thorium and uranium with their associated daughter products 210Pb, 210Po, 226Ra and 228Raanthropogenic radionuclides such as 232U, 236U, 237Np, 238Pu, 239/240Pu, 241Pu, 242Pu, 241Am, 242Cm, 243/244Cm
- Multiple detector alpha and beta proportional counters
- Suite of high resolution gamma ray spectrometers (with automatic or robotic sample changers)
- Multiple detector solid state alpha spectrometers
- Low background ‘Quantalus’ liquid scintillation counters
- ICP-Mass Spectrometers
All of our services are covered by approval to ISO 9001. In addition we are UKAS accredited for many of our analytical procedures. Bioassay work at the laboratory is approved under the Ionising Radiation Regulations of the Health & Safety Executive.
For further information on ESG's services to the nuclear industry, please contact us.