What does the guidance cover?
The comprehensive publication covers all operational, technical, health and safety and environmental issues in drilling, including:
- Legislation, guidance and standards
- Training and competency qualifications
- Site safety requirements
- Cable percussion rig set-up
- Drilling operations
- Sampling and testing
- Reporting requirements
- Rig and equipment safety requirements
- Transport and towing
- Operational safety requirements
- Environmental considerations
- Personal health and safety
- Occupational health
- Welfare and hygiene considerations
- Emergency procedures, incident and accident reporting
Who should be aware of the guidance?
Anyone involved in operating, procuring, organising or supervising cable percussion boring should have a copy of the guide.
The previous guidance, published in 2006, has been completely rewritten for 2016 and includes the latest methodologies and best practice for the drilling sector. The content has been reviewed and endorsed by the Health & Safety Executive (HSE).
How can I get a copy of the document?
The document is available for download from the BDA website and is free for BDA members. A charge of £150 applies to non-members.